Monday, July 11, 2011

Pole Dancing!

Ever wanted to try pole dancing but not wanted to be perceived as a stripper?  This was what I first thought when I heard about a dance studio down the street from my house that offered pole dancing.  I decided to check it out online and it actually looked pretty legit because the studio also offered other classes such as aerial silks, hip-hop, yoga, belly dancing, and many others plus the website came across very friendly.  I had been wanting to get involved with dance but had a hard time finding any classes offered just for adults, and I didn't want to be put in a class with a bunch of kids.  So after a couple days of thinking about it I decided to buy a membership!!

I was so excited I signed up for my first class that week:)  The very first class I took was intro to pole which was an hour long class.  When I got to the studio all the girls were very friendly and I made my first friend within five minutes of being there!  The instructer's name was Shayli and she was very upbeat and friendly!  I thought the class was so fun and the moves seemed pretty easy once they were shown and explained how to do them.

The next day after ONLY taking the one pole class I was actually sore!  I couldn't believe it because I was having so much fun I didn't really consider it working out... normally at the gym I would have had to do squats, lunges, and lift in reps until I would get that sore.  I loved intro to pole so much I couldn't wait to go back I was already planning which class I wanted to take next.

I know the majority of people still think that pole dancing is for strippers only but these dancers need recognition for how hard and strenuous of a workout it really is!!!  Pole dancing is evolving to pole fitness and is the fastest growing workout trend in the world.  Now more than ever people are getting involved with pole.  Groups from around the world such as International Sports Federation and many others are putting forth efforts to get pole fitness into the Olympics... Yeah thats right the OLYMPICS. 
So next time you hear of someone pole dancing do not immediately think they are a stripper, there are some really great pole dancers out there that do not strip or take any clothes off.


http://www.badkittyexoticwear.com/shop/

No comments:

Post a Comment